Monday, March 21, 2011
D'Antoni Needs To Go as Knicks Lose Again
The Knicks once again lost last night to the Bucks 100-95. It's their 5th loss in the last 6 games which now makes them 7-8 since the acquisition of Carmelo Anthony, which in my view is ridiculous for the talent they have. It seems that the frustration is starting to build with every loss and it will continue to do so as long as the losing keeps up. In this span the Knicks have lost 2 games to the Cavs, 2 to the Pacers, 1 to the Pistons and now 1 to the Bucks. All are under .500 teams and with the talent the Knicks have this has no business happening. I'll allow maybe one let down game against one of the above mentioned teams but that's it. Instead, 6 of the 8 losses since the 'Melo trade have been against lousy teams. The only thing they've accomplished in the last month is falling to the No 7 seed from the No 6 which happened over the weekend with the loss to the Pistons. The only common denominator I see in these losses is Mike D'Antoni. His run & gun style with absolutely no defense whatsoever is clearly the wrong system for this team. I think if Carmelo Anthony ran into Amari & Chauncey on the street and asked if they felt like playing the Pistons in 10 minutes while grabbing two other strangers on the way, they would probably beat them hands down. There is no reason I can see that they should have this many losses against bad teams...except D'Antoni. It shouldn't take this long to "gel" or "learn how to play together" with the schedule they have had. I really can't see another reason this should not be working. I believe they need to get someone one in there that has a better defensive game plan because what they have now isn't working. I really hope I'm wrong about this because I saluted D'Antoni taking what is one of the toughest jobs in the NBA. New York has always been a "Win Now" town so if the Knicks don't do anything the last 12 games or in the playoffs it may be curtins for D'Antoni.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment