Friday, April 1, 2011

My 2011 MBL World Series Picks...

In the AL my division winners are: NY Yankees, Minnesota Twins & Oakland A's with the Boston Red Sox as the wild card.
In the NL my division winners are: Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs & San Fransisco Giants with the Philadelphia Phillies as the wild card.

In the AL,  I think the Yankees will play the Twins and beat them in no more than 4 games and the Red Sox will have too much power for the A's staff and handle them in a sweep setting up another Yankee-Red Sox classic match up to be the AL Champs.  This is where the Yankees experience will kick in bringing them to a 7th game win on their way to the World Series.

In the NL, I have the Cubs playing the Phillies & Braves playing the Giants.  These will both be 5 game series where I believe the Giants and Phillies will just have too much pitching in the end for either the Cubs or Braves to handle.  This will set up a pitching matchup for the ages where the Phillies will edge out the Giants in 7 games sending them to their 3rd World Series in 4 years.

This will set up a 2nd World Series with the Yankees & Phillies where in another 7 game series the Phillies Pitching will win getting revenge for the previous World Series Loss to the Yankees.  And yes folks...I am a Yankee fan!

No comments: